It’s no secret that I am a huge baby when it comes to scary books! So, after reading more about Blood Will Out by Jo Treggiari I knew I probably could not handle reading it. However, so many of my students and friends love creepy books so I am excited to share a bit more about it:
About the Book:
Ari Sullivan is alive—for now.
She wakes at the bottom of a cistern, confused, injured and alone, with only the shadowy recollection of a low-pitched voice and a gloved hand. No one can hear her screams. And the person who put her there is coming back. The killer is planning a gruesome masterpiece, a fairytale tableau of innocence and blood, meticulously designed.
Until now, Ari was happy to spend her days pining for handsome, recent-arrival Stroud Bellows, fantasizing about their two-point-four-kids-future together. Safe in her small hometown of Dempsey Hollow. But now her community has turned very dangerous—and Ari may not be the only intended victim.
As a part of the blog tour for this one I am sharing the top 5 things in books/movies/shows/etc… that creep me out! So, in no particular order…
Top FIVE Things That Creep Me Out
- Isolation: I grew up in the country surrounded by corn and soybean fields. Any kind of story that has the victims stranded somewhere is going to freak me the heck out!
- Killer POV: I don’t want to get into their mind. IT IS A SCARY PLACE! I begin to hyperventilate reading chapters from the killer’s POV!
- The Ocean/Water: – I often tell my students (and really anyone who will listen!) that I am a firm believer that the ocean and everything in it wants to kill you. Basically, if something can attack you from any angle I am OUT! Books about plane crashes where the survivors are floating of rafts or books in a future where humanity has moved under the sea…
- Buried Alive/Trapped: I never consider myself claustrophobic until I feel like maybe I cannot get out of the space I’m in. Then I am internally freaking out (no matter how big the space is!) Stories where characters are buried alive or trapped (like, say, in a cistern!) will haunt me forever.
- Dolls: I have a family heirloom which I both love and fear. It’s a doll that belonged to my great grandmother. I keep it in the only bookcase I have that has a door. I mean, just look at it. You know it comes alive at night:
Obviously I have to keep it trapped. This fear applies to other toys as well. If it’s an inanimate object it should not come to life! I will be freaked out every time.
What about you? What creeps you out? Do you actually like to be scared?
Make sure to check out the other stops on this tour: