Okay, so I’m kind of combining this topic with last weeks about books to read on spring break. The school I work at has spring break next week and I already have a list of about 40 books I want to read. Now, I will not get through all of them but still… I like to be prepared! So, the first two books are ones I do not have but would totally take a day off to read. The rest are books I have and hope to read over spring break.
1. Insurgent by Veronica Roth: At this point this may be my most anticipated release of 2012. I adored Divergent and need to know what comes next!
2. The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima: This one is a very close second to (if not tied with) Insurgent fr most anticipated release. I cannot wait to read the final book in this series! Cinda Williams Chima is a master world builder.
3. Underworld by Meg Cabot: More Meg Cabot = more better! I love her re-imagining of the Hades and Persephone myth. I’m looking forward to seeing where she takes the story.
4. Destined by Aprilynne Pike: Tamini? David? Neither? Both? I have to know! This is one I will for sure be reading over break. My students will kill me if I don’t!!
5. The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting: I cannot wait to spend some more time with Violet and Jay. I’m interested in seeing how the new developments from the end of Desires of the Dead begin to play out!
6. Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols: I did a totally embarassing happy dance when this book arrived in my mailbox yesterday. Thankfully I was home with the blinds closed! I cannot wait to start this book!!!!
7. Team Human by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan: I don’t care that it doesn’t come out until this summer and I have other book I need to read first. Sarah Rees Brennan is one of the authors. I. am. sold.
8. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers: Everything about this book sounds like it was made for me! I cannot wait to start!
9. Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa: LOVE her Iron Fey stories. I cannot wait to see how she tackles vampires!
10. Lexapros and Cons by Aaron Karo: I’m on the blog tour for this one in a couple weeks. I’ve already received the guest post for my scheduled posting date. If I hadn’t been anxious to read the book before reading the post it would have changed that! As it was I couldn’t wait so now I am extra excited to read it!
So, there you have it! The books I would spend the whole day on the couch for (and, in the case of 8 of them, will do so shortly!)
Top Ten Tuesday is a feature run by the lovely crew at The Broke and The Bookish
Leave a Reply