Since I’ve been MIA for a couple of weeks I’ve missed some great top ten topics. For my freebie week I thought I’d take the opportunity to do last weeks list: Top Ten Underrated Books. There are so many books that I think are made of awesome but they don’t get the attention I think they deserve! They are in no particular order. I just went through my top rated goodreads books and looked for titles that I think more people should read!
Top Ten Freebie
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by
1. Court Duel by Sherwood Smith: I could have put any of her books here. Great fantasy!
2. Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund: Again, I could have put either of her other two books here. This one is my favorite. I almost didn’t read it because it was set in space. I’m glad I did!
3. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson: This is one of my all time favorite books! After I read it I passed it around to all the teachers I work with and book talked it relentlessly. I also purchased it for our school’s book room so students can read it in lit circles.
4. The Key to the Golden Firebird by Maureen Johnson: 13 Little Blue Envelopes, Suite Scarlett, and everything else Maureen Johnson has written are great books but I adore The Key to the Golden Firebird. Really, you should read it!
5. Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon: Such a well crafted fantasy story! The characters, the descriptions, the food… everything about this book had me begging for more!
6. The Demon’s Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan: You say obsession, I say so what?!?! I love this trilogy! Sarah’s writing style flows beautifully. As a bonus, she’s one of the funniest people I’ve ever met and that is reflected in her characters.
7. Lament by Maggie Steifvater: Wait… she wrote books before Shiver? YES! And they are awesome! The only reason I picked Shiver up was because I realized it was written by the author of Lament and Ballad.
8. The Devil’s Kiss by Sarwat Chadda: This book and it’s sequel had me hooked! I just had to know what happened next!
9. The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement Moore: Loved the Southern setting and the characters. The story kept me intrigued. This is such a great read.
10. Shadowed Summer and The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell: I literally found my self stopping and reading sections aloud while reading these books. The language just begs to be spoken. Saundra does an amazing job of making the details count. They are accurate to the time periods and don’t slow the stories down
One Response to “Top Ten Freebie!”
Leave a Reply