Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by
Oh how I love me some summer reads! There is nothing like lazing about reading books that take place during the summer or at the beach. They set the tone for those fabulous sunny and not so fabulous rainy days! Not all of these take place during summer but they are great reads regardless.
1. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen: I love it when Sarah Dessen sets her stories at Colby beach. You could also try Keeping The Moon.
2. The Summer Series by Jenny Han: I think the titles in this series speak for themselves (The Summer I Turned Pretty, It’s Not Summer Without You, We’ll Always Have Summer.)
3. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson: This is a great read for some summer adventure. Actually all f Maureen Johnson’s books would work
4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: Okay, so it has nothing to do with summer but I think it’s the perfect read for any season! There is never a time when St. Claie is not appropriate!
5. The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore: The Southern Gothic feel of this story makes it a great paranormal summer read.
6. Going too Far or any other book by Jennifer Echols: I’m assuming Endless Summer would work better here but I’ve never read it. I do know that you’ll want a strech of time where you can read uninterrupted!
7. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery: I remember reading these in the summer when I was younger. Obviously you should too!
8. Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Stratton Porter: Apparently I think all older books should be read in the summer! I love the natural elements in this story
9. How to Ruin a Summer Vacation by Simone Elkeles: Warning! You will want to have the next two books handy!
10. Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott: I just ordered this book from amazon even though I already had a copy. It was just so cheap I couldn’t pass it up. It’s a great summer read!